Online Buzz About Remako Mod (Pre-Release)

When I first posted about Remako mod on the 3rd of January, I only posted it on the Qhimm forums (the main FF7 modding community) and the GameUpscale subreddit. These are not communities with a large reach, yet word of the mod announcement spread like wildfire. The fun thing was, I had no idea!

After the announcement, I just kept slowly working on the mod and periodically checking in on the Qhimm and GameUpscale threads. Unbeknownst to me, after about a week, the news about my mod got traction. People posted it on other, larger subreddits causing it to be seen by game journalists scouring the internet for stories.

Gaming News

Traditional News

YouTube



Seeing all these people writing about my mod is just the most awesome feeling. It really helps me push through and finish improving the mod for release, making the trailers, filling this site, etc.

Also important to note, is that it shows the anticipation for the official FF7 Remake. Because it is taking so long, people just want anything that can help bring one of their favorite games into the present.






Comments