Upscaling Stargate SG-1 to 4K


NOTE: View this on a larger device. The difference will be hard to notice on a mobile screen. The 4K resolution on a 1080p gives better results than YouTube's actual 1080p resolution. So even if you don't have a 4K screen, you can still see the difference.

Turns out Stargate SG-1 is great for doing some more AI upscaling experiments on. It was never released on anything better than DVD, so upscaling it with Gigapixel AI for Video made sense. I have upscaled around half a minute of footage from each of SG-1s ten seasons.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

Kelvin said…
Seeing sg1 in gigapixel hd brings new life to an already great series:). Thank you.

Have you check out the beta gigapixel for video that topaz is offering?
CaptRobau said…
Yeah I tried it out. It's pretty much the same as the cloud one, although with batch processing and few more options.
Dem0n5 said…
I've been waiting for SG-1 to be re-released for years. This looks awesome! Godspeed!
ElBiggus said…
Glad to see I'm not alone in attempting this; I've started my own experiments using some home-grown tools, more info here: https://sg1restorationproject.wordpress.com/
CaptRobau said…
Very cool @ElBiggus