Remako won Editor's Choice - Mod of the Year 2019

moty editors choice

Hello, I hope you all enjoyed the December holidays. I come to you with an exciting bit of news:


I can honestly say, that I didn't see that coming. I am honored!

Future of Remako

Now that Half-Life: ReSrced is behind me, I can look towards working on Remako again. I know it's been a long time since I released version 1.0 of that mod, but I want to get back into it once more and deliver a final version that is just perfect!

This is what I hope to have in this final version of the mod:
  • Bug fixes (fixing some ugly seams, touch up some ugly spots in the upscales)
  • Upscaled magic effects
  • A high-definition user interface/HUD (see the image below), with redrawn text, dialog boxes, icons, etc.
  • Optional removal of O mouths from the game
  • A standalone version of the mod that doesn't use 7thHeaven and should be a lot simpler to install
All of these features should, in theory, be technically possible, but I haven't tried all situations yet. So I can't promise each feature will find its way into the next update as described above.
When can you expect this? I do know that I will do everything I can to get it to you guys well in-time for the FF7 Remake's release so that you can play through the original before you do your first run in the Remake.




Comments

Unknown said…
"A standalone version of the mod that doesn't use 7thHeaven and should be a lot simpler to install"

P L E A S E. Do this first. That would be A W E S O M E.
Oriek said…
Congratulations!

Agreed with the above 100%!! A standalone version of this mod would be a godsend.
CaptRobau said…
Thank you!

The standalone version will still require a few steps (as FF7 isn't moddable out of the box). But 7th Heaven adds a lot of steps and extra bugs/glitches. So with that gone, most people should be able to get the mod working in the next version.
LWC said…
Congrats. Well deserved. One of the best things about a standalone version would be that Reunion isn't compatible with 7th Heaven. There's technically a way to get them to work posted on Steam but some people (including me) can't get it to work. The creators of Reunion flat out refuse to give any support if you're using 7H as well and simply tell you not you use it. There's a very old version of it (2.1 or something) that's downloadable through 7H but the Reunion guys are preparing for R7 of their mod now). The remake comes out in 50-something days, I think, so hopefully you can get something finished before that. Good luck ;).
halfSpinDoctor said…
"A standalone version of the mod that doesn't use 7thHeaven and should be a lot simpler to install"

+1 for this. Spent hours trying to get this to work on multiple machines. Very frustrating. An added benefit is that FF7 runs well on Wine (on macOS), but 7thHeaven is not compatible.
Unknown said…
"P L E A S E. Do this first. That would be A W E S O M E. "

Same poster as above here.

I forgot to mention congrats on the mod of the year award. I can see it is much deserved, although I can't get it to work yet.
Sebysquall said…
Thank you man for your work, it's awesome! Please, we really need the standalone version without 7th Heaven because it is not compatible with a new, great, Italian Translation of the game based on original Japanese content.
Thank you anyway for your great work!
Unknown said…
Any news for update Remako mod??
Unknown said…
is there any way to make this mod nintendo switch compatible? i know most mods are but his one is awesome.
Galeto said…
Good job, but won't use 7thHell :p