Gigapixel AI Command Line Batch Processing Tool for macOS

Random command line image I found for macOS :)

 A wonderful fellow named Sam shared a really cool creation of his. I'll let him do the talking:

One of the frustrating things is the lack of command line tools (on macOS). After wanting to do this for a while, I finally broke down and wrote some command-line automation for Gigapixel using AppleScript. This tool will call Gigapixel AI directly from the command line, and batch process directories of images:

https://github.com/halfSpinDoctor/gigapixel-automator

It only works for older versions, and probably needs tweaks between versions (I run v4.1.2)

I don't have macOS, so I can't speak to how it works, but people know me for my Gigapixel work so I thought I'd give his tool a shout out. If any macOS users want to share their experiences with it, please comment down below.

If you want to get in contact with Sam, this is his site: http://www.paradime.net/ 

 

Comments

halfSpinDoctor said…
Huge thanks to CaptRobau for the kind feedback, and sharing it here on the blog.

One nice feature about this is that it does not return control to the shell until processing is finished. That is, the next command will not run until Gigapixel AI displays the "Processing Complete" message.

This way, you can queue lots of directories to process in sequence, or use a command like mailx to send an e-mail to yourself when a job is complete:

gigapixel-automator $PWD/path/to/input $PWD/path/to/output && echo "Complete" | mailx -s "Gigapixel AI" email@address.com