A Sad Update With A Happy Ending


When I talked to you guys in my previous blog post at the start of March, I mentioned there were some health issues in my family. Well to make a long story short, my dad passed away a month after I wrote that post. His sickness and passing all happened in the space of a few months, which was pretty short. At the same time, it was long enough to eat, talk, laugh and cry together as a family. I even told him about how much success this mod had had in the past year, which he didn't know about yet. I also told him about my plan to dedicate the next update for Remako to him. He really appreciated that. That was a great moment for both of us, one of many in the past month that we got the share in his final weeks.

All of that helped a lot with us getting (part of) the closure you need when you deal with something like this. So now he's at peace and we're at peace. Enough at least, that we're slowly getting back to real-life. This includes my hobbies.

Because of this I, in this past month I barely paid any attention to my mod, YouTube channel and this site. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw comments on the blog and on my YouTube channel increase over the past month. The FF7 Remake's release did a bit for traffic, but it was mostly some articles written about my mod. This includes this PCGamer article. Once again a great honor to be featured in the press.

I was also informed that 7th Heaven 2.0 had come out. This makes installing this mod a lot easier. The install guide and FAQ are very much outdated because of that. How much I have to test out for myself, but I hope to get to that tomorrow or something. Expect a new update post once that's done. In the coming weeks I want to start working on Remako again, so that in the near future together with the new Reunion and 7th Heaven everyone can finally enjoy an easy to install, feature-complete and bug-free release of Remako.

Comments

RavenCyarm said…
Sorry to hear about your loss. Take all the time you need.
elcid624 said…
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you take time to enjoy the Remake!
kev said…
Sorry to hear that. Might God be with you
Cloud87 said…
Now he is part of the Lifestream. Thanks for all your effort.
IKE said…
So sad to hear about your father. I wish you the best.
enderbean said…
Sorry for your loss. When you have time, please add a Donate page on your site so we can contribute towards the time you have/will put into this mod. I know lots of people will donate, definitely including myself.
Unknown said…
My condolences. Thank you for your work and the heart warming/breaking letter to the community
Unknown said…
Sorry for your loss... thanks for your hard work and those few words.
Juan said…
Sorry for your loss! I will never forget that this mod is in his honor! Thank you!
Ouse said…
I deeply appreciate your fellow FF7 fandom and the hard work you've put in I'm saddened to hear about your loss and I hope you're doing well all things considered. Thank you.
Kamui18 said…
Is there a another way to use the remako mod? i won't use the 7th heaven mod. The break the steam achievements. the moguri mod for final fantasy 9 is much easier and all features works fine.
anon said…
Really sorry for you bud. Thanks for keeping us updated
CaptRobau said…
@Kamui18
I don't think there is a way to play it with achievements and still mod it. FF7 on PC is different to FF9 in that regard.

@Others
Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.
viento said…
Siento mucho tu pérdida.mucho ánimo gracias por todo.
Jesse said…
@captrobau Sorry to hear about your loss :(

I just finished Remake, and am very much wanting to dive in to the original. Do you think you're looking at weeks or months before the update is out? If it's the former, I'll be patient :) If it's the later, I would probably play with v1!